Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend of glory

So many of these titles have glory in them somewhere. I feel like this bodes well for my life. As long as I continue to feel the need to use the word glory in reference to thing I've done, then I'm good to go.

Let's discuss how insanely epic by weekend was. I'm currently on the Bolt Bus home from NYC to DC. I came up on Friday to spend the weekend with Sarah. Aka, best decision ever.

After a morning of panic I got on the bus and ended up in NYC around 4. Met up with Sar, the girls she babysits, and Tommy Hendrickson. We chilled for a bit, then Tommy left, Sarah's boss came home, and we left to grab dinner.

Because you see we already had plans for that evening...Sarah had gotten us VIP tickets to see Nathan Gunn perform with the New York Philharmonic in Central Park. There were probably 50,000 people there. And we were 15 rows back, max? He performed five Copland pieces that were AMAZING--I've never heard such good diction. And I actually loved them, and I usually hate Copland. Then the NY Phil played Mahler's Symphony No. 1, which was stunning. The only part that sucked was that during the last fifteen minutes it started to rain, so they had to stop halfway through the fourth movement. Such a bummer. Plus, since it was raining, we didn't get to meet Nathan Gunn, which we probably would have otherwise, since Sarah had spent the past two days with him. Which included attending a red carpet movie premiere. I know, what is her life.

After the concert we were pretty tired (we're both still jet lagged, neither of us slept much this week) so we went back to Brooklyn, which I LOVE, and passed out. Best night of sleep everrrrr! Next day we woke up, grabbed some bagels (DELICIOUS), and rode into the city. We decided to try to get tickets for West Side, because I've wanted to see it for over a year now when I heard it was coming to Broadway (it got to Broadway in January). It's my favorite musical of all time. The way the lottery works is you get in line, and then at 11:30 they open the doors, and you write your name down on a little sheet of paper and you can request one or two tickets. They leave the doors open until noon, and then it's over, and they draw names. There were probably about 40 people trying to get tickets, and they were only gonna pull roughly nine sheets (basically everyone requested two tickets), because the front row only has 18 seats. So we submitted our names, chilled, and then came back at noon to see what would happen. Sarah was the SECOND name he called, and we were obviously beyond stoked. That also meant our seats were in the center, because the tickets are handed out from the aisles in. So yes, I saw West Side Story, my favorite musical of all time, from front row center. Un-fricken-belivable.

Before the show we just ran around Times Square wasting time. Lame/awesome tourist stuff, like the M&M store, Hershey store, and Toys-R-Us. Then it was time for el show...which was without a doubt the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I've been to Broadway shows a lot before...this doesn't even compare. I have no idea how it didn't win Best Revival. Literally life changing. I obviously sobbed. There's a reason it's my fav.

After the show we were both so wrecked that we didn't even try to get tickets to Hair, which was our original plan, because neither of us had any desire to see anything else post-West Side. We ended up meeting up with Rayanne, and the three of us went to mass at St. Patrick's, which was cool, and then Rayanne bought us dinner. I was totally exhausted and so was Sar, so we ended up just going back to Brooklyn, chilling for a while, and then we went to Howard and Kirsten's (Sar's cousin's house) just to chill for a bit. Watched this semi-boring British comedy. Went back to Sar's, fbed for a bit, then passed out.

Woke up this am feeling sick. Nooooooooo bueno. We went to brunch with Howard and Kirsten, and we gonna go to the Met (art museum, not opera house), but I was lame and really just needed to drink water and sleep more. So we chilled and watched 30 Rock which was glorious. I don't know why I don't own it on DVD. That needs to change immediately.

Then I hopped on the Subway back to Penn Station and here I am. A pretty bamf weekend, even though I feel like crap today. So glad I get to spend ten hours at work tomorrow.

But you know what? It's totally fine, because this week I have plans with Eek, I can chill all weekend, then in two weeks I'm going to VA Beach with SF (it's gonna be ballin), and right after than DAN IS COMING HOME AND STAYING WITH ME FOR LIKE, TWO WEEKS. I obviously am stoked. And then its like, three days and I'm back to school. Pretty awesome. It'll go by quickly...it better.

I LOVE MY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment