Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm BACK playas

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that while I obviously wasn't looking forward to coming into work today, I wasn't dreading it as much as usual, because I figured I'd have a lot to take up my time via the internet, seeing as I've been without it for two weeks.

Turns out, didn't take too long to catch up, seeing as I've only been at work for 40 minutes and I'm already done. What the effffffff.

So over la voyage de l'angleterre, Josh told me about proxy websites that grant you access to fbook at work. Turns out, the federal gov't is one step ahead. Because I googled "Facebook proxy" and EVERY WEBSITE I CLICKED ON is blocked too. Dang you US Coast Guard, dang you!

So blogging it is. I considered doing an insanely long blog about everything I did in the country of tea and Foster's, but I quickly rejected this idea because a)I got bored just thinking about writing that all down, b)the people who read this and were there don't need a recount, and c)the people who weren't there don't WANT a huge recount.

So instead I'm going to do a pros/cons list. There's no real order to this other than what came to mind first.

Reasons I'm sad to be home/things I'll miss about England:
Not having to wake up at 5 every day
Me and my shadow
The Wessex Male Choir
Coventry Cathedral
Team Awesome
Susie and Andy
Being around some of my favorite people legitimately 24/7
Pimms
Strongbow and Blackthorn
The University of Houston (Hoo-ston)
An excuse to speak primarily in a british accent
Bus rides with Josh Eflin
DJ Godinez
The drive home from the festival every day
Traffic due to cow crossings
Bus Wooo
The abundance of red heads
Socializing every night until at least 2
...are you even awake?!
Shosalosa (that's blatantly not how it's spelled)
The Lady Chapel
King's Cross and Platform 9 3/4
H2Hs
Teddy
Seeing Sarah every day
In real life and isn't it just?
Toasts to American Independence...led by an Englishman
Bringing the Happy Birthday Chorus abroad
Welsh Cakes
Taco Bell Canon
The first place celebration
Being on British TV
How good the water made my hair look
The garden in Ely
Having nothing to do in Wales...which resulted in some of the best bonding ever
Holding hands with Katie
RJ and the arms crossed multiplication rule
"Mom...I can't talk right now...I'm in Shakespeare's house!"
"What's the difference between regular AIDS and feline AIDS?"
"Just rip it out and eat the meat"
"I'm so PINGY right now!"
"I can see Outback!"
"Go for it Andy!"
"Wow, look at how tan that man is!" "Lauren...that man is INDIAN."
Texas pins and hand signs
Loquebantuuuuuuur


Reasons I'm happy to be home/things I will NOT miss about England:
The slightly varied computer keyboard. Talk about annoying.
Weird scrambled eggs
Chips that are MEAT FLAVORED
Madre's food
The ability to be grounded as a 21 year old
The Fahrenheit system
VA Weather
Being able to charge electronics
PHONE SERVICE
Having a voice
Round-abouts
My bed
My brothers
All of the Women's Chorus Rep
Being able to walk on the grass
8 hour flights sitting near NO ONE
Team Shaniel emails
Being able to drive
Gym access/tennis shoes
Holy Family
Target
Constant reminders
Sleep
Prison like living quarters
THE COVENTRY HOTEL
No more being bombarded with emails

It's still sort of surreal that I just was in England for 12 (well, 11) days. It's so weird, it's almost like the past two weeks didn't even happen and that I'm just back at work on Monday morning. What an amazing trip though, I mean for realz. I didn't expect it to be like that. I actually didn't have any expectations at all. I wasn't looking forward to it though, just because as cool as it was gonna be to leave the country, I didn't think there was anything THAT compelling about going. Turns out I was super wrong. It was basically glorious.

So I just watched the vids of Chorale (which can be found here) and I've gotta be real, I don't understand how we placed first in Youth Choir and fourth in Mixed. Turns out, we sounded a LOT better in Mixed. And I watched the video of Riverside, who won that competition, and I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win because they did sound really good, but I honestly think we were comparable. It truly is subjective I guess. Because they placed first and we placed fourth. It's probably good we didn't place first though, because Leonardo actually didn't sound that good. And because by Saturday night the last thing I wanted to do was compete AGAIN.

Well I spose I'll just post this now and occupy my time via youtube for a bit. Because I actually ASKED my boss for work to do...and I have nothing. So I guess I can't feel bad or like I'm slacking off.

Most likely what's going to happen is I'm just going to start another blog post. It's fine (is it? yes, it is....I miss Giiiiiig).

No comments:

Post a Comment