Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yeesh

It's Thursday. Which, to me, is Friday. Thank goodness.

I don't think my boss likes me very much. Well, not that he DISLIKES me, I just don't think he cares very much about me. He doesn't give me attention, except for maybe once a day when he walks by my desk. Normally this would bother me, but here's why it doesn't: This is a summer job. I have no intentions of getting promoted or relying on him for a serious reference, since this in no way relates to any of the fields I feel like pursuing. Not to say I won't work hard and get the job done--it's me. I'm going to do that. But as long as my boss has nothing NEGATIVE to say about, I don't care if he raves. I know...who am I?

But here's the thing: I have a little more freedom if I'm not constantly on his radar. Normally I'm not about being the blah girl, but I like not really being paid attention to in this case. He's not going to give me harder projects. He's going to continue to give me editting projects in which I spend my time making tables in excel. That I COULD do quickly...but I don't have to. Because for the first time in a year...it's LOW PRESSURE. WHAT A CONCEPT.

I still hate disappointing him though...which I might've done today. We were supposed to go to this CG hearing on Capitol Hill today, but it got moved to tomorrow. And I don't work Fridays. Plus, I have to take my car to stupid All-State so that girl's insurance company can FINALLY pay for the accident damage. And then I have to go back to the burg to sing for Kristy's wedding! So I'm obviously not going to the hearing. And when I told him he was like "Well, it's your loss. You'll miss going to Capitol Hill, and Capital City Brewery..."

...but I won't have to wake up at FIVE just to sit in on a meeting and then eat at a restaurant where I'LL have to pay for okay food and no alcohol because I still have one more week (ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So IS it my loss? But I still felt guilty. I'm such a people pleaser.

I'm alarmed at how this blog has transfigured from being meaningless yet hilarious stories to insight on my life...and I don't think I like it. It's just that I have zero contact with the outside world, so the stories that I would normally bore a real person with have no place to go. So I guess they go in ths blog for now.

I miss the Music Library.

More later I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment