Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I like people from Mary Washington

This is the second summer I've worked with someone who goes to Mary Washington. Obviously last summer it was my soul mate Nicole (Mfeo). If your life is so sad that it does not already include Nicole, here is just a taste of her gloriousness. It's one of her featured posts from our really popular and frequently written in Summer Friendship blog from last summer: http://summerfriendship.blogspot.com/2008/07/damn-can-i-borrow-that-top.html

This summer my Fredericksburg daytime pal is named Sarah. She works two rows over from me. Obviously as we all sit in cubes all day she cannot see me and I cannot see her, but today she came over to my row and talked to me for an hour. Which means that currently she is my favorite person in the entire world because helped me waste an hour of work. The only other person who has done that for me is Perez Hilton. Mostly we discussed how we literally have no idea what to do with our lives while we're here. We share a common bond...extreme boredom. Plus I get the sense that she, like me, is used to being super busy and productive all the time, so in this place of mediocrity she feels lost and bewildered (as do I...as do I) and without purpose.

But she heard that our boss is taking all the interns to Baltimore at some point to go out into the Chesapeake on a cutter. Oh, and by take us to Baltimore, I mean FLY us to Baltimore. Which is ridiculous/awesome. Hopefully that doesn't happen while I'm in England.

But I was thinking after she left to go back to her desk after we talked about all kinds of things (not even in the awkward small talk way, it was in the I like you as a human being kind of way) that so far I've had a very positive experience with people who attend Mary Washington.

But everyone else in the world regardless of whether they attend/attended Mary Washington PALES in comparison to Nicole. PALES I SAY!

Well friends, just got the logging off email. Did I do ANY work today? ...nope. None.

I'll bring back the 300 reasons why I won't marry you tomorrow, so look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment