Thursday, August 5, 2010

What the heck New York

So on Monday I decided that this is THE week. Find a job week. I decided to stop applying solely for NYC jobs and also apply for jobs in DC. I applied for a few on Tuesday, and about eight yesterday...

AND AS OF THIS MORNING I HAVE FOUR INTERVIEWS.

FOUR!

WHAT THE HECK?!

Here I was, thinking there was something wrong with me, or my resume, and that I was never going to get any responses. Granted, I could go on all of these interviews and not get hired. But it doesn't change the fact that I haven't gotten so much as a "We're Sorry" email from ANYWHERE I applied in NYC, and I have FOUR INTERVIEWS in DC.

And not all of them are previous connections I had (two of them are)...some of these interviews are based completely on my resume!

Needless to say I'm stoked/extremely torn. I didn't think I would be working in DC anytime soon. I was gonna MAKE IT in NYC. But the weirdest part is I'm not even going into these interviews/potential jobs with a heavy heart...I'm really excited. Sure, having to live in Woodbridge while I re-save money to get an apt will probably suck. And yeah, even if I move up to Arlington or Alexandria, it's not New York (oh many subway lines and Jamba Juice, how I would miss you). But these are all jobs I could do and I think I would like.

We'll just have to see if I even get hired. And I'm not giving up on NYC. But I made a pact with myself last week; wherever I end up getting hired is where I'm really supposed to live.

So God, what's it gonna be? DC? NYC? Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment