Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here's the thing...

I've pretty much stopped doing all work at this internship. I basically just answer the phone.

But anyway, the point of this post is to give some friendly advice...do not go into business with your brother. If anything, working here has taught me that much. This company was founded by two brothers. One is the president, one is the business manager.

All they do is yell at each other. I mean it's not like I'm one to talk, my brothers and I are not the ultimate example for expressing kindness to siblings. But seriously. Fights in the office? Awkward. Yelling at each other over the phone? Lots of profanity? Awkward. It is also fun to be the receptionist while one of the brothers is out of town and the other one's office is right next to your desk. Aka, I transfer/get to listen to all phone calls. Love that (I actually kind of do).

And you know, their business is doing well, so who am I to talk. They're both nice to me. So I can't complain.

But I can feel awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment