Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SO HARD (that's what she said)

I don't like it when people ask me what my favorite songs are. But if I had to go for top 5, these might be it (in no particular order):

Sara Bareilles, Gravity

Marc Broussard, Hope for Me Yet

Billy Joel, And So It Goes

Huey Lewis and the News, Do You Believe in Love

Ben Folds, The Luckiest



I feel like your favorite songs say a lot about you. Things you value, things that matter to you. The words of every one of these songs (well, maybe except for Huey Lewis...but he's just tight) are effing awesome. It was REALLY hard to decide my fav Ben song. But The Luckiest is classic and the words edge out Still Fighting It JUST slightly. But honestly Ben would take up most of my top 10 if I took it that far. So I figured I needed to narrow it down. If these were the only songs I could listen to for the rest of my life, I'd be okay with that.

And coming from me, that's saying a LOT.

Yes, I didn't include any Whitney or Mariah. But it's only because they already have their own category of epic in my book.


P.S. I really like that the Ben Folds video is something someone made with The Sims. Destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment