Monday, August 9, 2010

I should be asleep GAH

So I'll admit it, I believe in signs and intuition.

I have always trusted my gut. My friends tell me I'm an oracle sometimes (emphasis on the sometimes) because I get these "feelings" about things that could happen. These feelings have always been right--except for when I confuse feelings with wishful thinking. And it's REALLY hard to tell the difference, because I'm extremely good at convincing myself that things I want are things I "sense."

I'm not going to get into what my gut is telling me right now (well, it might be telling me that yoga and running are necessary....hahahaha I'm hilarious). It's probably false, it's probably wishful thinking, and I'm not going to let myself dwell on it.

But on a related note, I also believe in signs. And tonight I got a nice giant sign.

For all of my devoted readers (aka no one), you know that I'm debating between staying up here in New York or moving back to VA. I spent the weekend at home which might have been a huge mistake, because I had no idea how much I missed it.

Tonight I was looking for a stamp in my wallet and a fortune from a fortune cookie fell out. I had forgotten I kept it; it was from my first week in New York. When all the Westport kids (and Noel, but she's an honorary westy) came to visit for my/Dan's bdays, we went and got Chinese their first night in town because they were starving and it was close by. I opened my fortune that night and laughed at the irony. It said "Your home is a pleasant place from which you draw happiness."

SERIOUSLY? Because I had just gotten kicked out of my apartment. But for some unexplained reason I kept it, probably because I like ironic fortunes (my favorite to date is one I got that said "You and your wife will be happy in your life together.").

And tonight the fortune fell out onto my bed. There it was. Your home is a pleasant place from which you draw happiness. An answer. A coincidence? Potentially. Likely even. But I'm not interpreting it as coincidence. And maybe you can argue it's only because I don't WANT to interpret it as coincidence....but isn't that a sign in and of itself?

My only other question is...if THAT fortune is a sign...does that mean that one day I'm going to have a wife?

Because this post has already proved that I'm pretty gay. I promise I will be cynical again ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment