Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where in the World is...

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY

So I am awful at consistently updating this. This is me making amends (and then not updating again for three months).

I wish I had a hilarious story that prompted me to blog but unfortunately nothing ridiculous has happened lately.

Actually that is a blatant, blatant lie. But I can't blog about the ridiculous things that have happened in the past month because they are stories that are better near and dear to my heart...maybe in five years I will blog about the most ridiculous night ever (proof) ...all I can say is the events that transpired are even crazier than when we fell asleep on the subway and woke up in the Bronx. In the words of Jacob Grob...thepartyneverstops.

Today I'm in a mild state of depression because my entire family is basking in sunny Florida without me...in HARRY POTTER WORLD. I couldn't go because this is a crazy week at work; we have our Annual Board Meeting tonight and our Annual Golf Tournament tomorrow, aka I legit have to be here. I would be more sad if I hadn't already been to HP World...on opening day (remember this?)...BUT STILL. I want to go with my fam. :( Mope mope mope

It's okay though because since I'm not using my final five days of vacation this week, I get to use them next week...TO GO SEE DAN!!!! He's been working in Dewey Beach, DE this summer, literally a block away from the beach, and a)since I love him and haven't seen him since the beginning of May and b)since I love the beach, I shall spend next week basking away in the blissful sun...other than our random night back in DC to see Next to Normal (which Dan hasn't seen so I bought him tickets for his birthday which is TODAY...and it's obviously so good that I wanted to see it again). I will also spend all of next week obsessing over my script.

Wait.

How have I not talked about Hairspray yet?

For those of you who haven't seen it plastered all over my Facebook, last month I got cast as Tracy Turnblad in The Little Theatre of Alexandria's production of Hairspray. Basically getting into this show is the high school version of me's dream come true.

I was legitimately obsessed with this show and with this part when I was 17. I even auditioned in Baltimore that year to be in the movie (clearly that worked out for me). To show you how ridiculous my obsession was, for a while this was my myspace picture (remember myspace? good times)...and yes, I edited it myself. Whatever, everyone is an idiot when they're 17. At least I was good at photoshop (ok...I wasn't...that picture is awful hahahaha). Gotta be real though...there is legitimately no way I could have played this part (on stage) as a 17 year old. There is SO much singing, so much dancing, and I'm basically on stage for the entire two and half hours.

I should probably be honest though...yes I was obsessed as a 17 year old...but since being cast I have gotten re-obsessed. At least now I have a reason. In my brief moments of spare time, I either watch vids of live productions on youtube or practice all my dances using my brother's sound system (thanks Josh).

Even though the part is really intense and I'm at rehearsal for hours and hours literally every day, I can't complain, not even a little bit, because I am just so happy. I haven't had this much fun in a part in a very long time (I mean you know the ensemble of Carmen comes close, that was just buckets of fun...). And I probably haven't been this well suited for a part...ever. Which has made the process even better. Plus, my cast and production team are AWESOME. And not just in terms of talent level, but as real people; rehearsals have just been really fun. There are many many many hilarious people in this group. Well done LTA, well done. The next month is going to be a whirlwind...we officially open a month from tomorrow. A little over four weeks.

WOOF.

I'm nervous about missing rehearsal next week, so Dan's going to have to deal with my anxiety in the form of running lines with me and watching me run dances.

OH. RIGHT. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT IS RIDICULOUS. Imagine having to jump up and down for approximately ten minutes and what that would do to your breath support. Now imagine having to sing at the same time. SOLO. So hopefully you can understand why I feel the need to practice doing this every day...right now I sound like AWFUL. So gotta get that in check...anyway, the show runs July 23-August 13 in Alexandria, and I would seriously LOVE if any of you loyal readers (hey Mom) could come. Tickets can be purchased online but if you have questions just ask me!!!

But yes. Other than the fact that I am constantly exhausted, life is pretty glorious for the Kingett.

So what else have I been up to? Well this past weekend I saw both Ash and Sar perform in their respective shows. Ash was the lead in Psycho Beach Party at Dominion Stage and was RIDICULOUSLY good. I was blown away. Sarah sang Cenerentola in Bel Cantanti's production of Cenerentola (the story of Cinderella as an Italian Opera by Rossini, for all you non-classical music people). And Sar's voice is even better than the last time I heard her, which I didn't think was possible. Pretty much every time she opened her mouth all I could do was shake my head and smile because I was so stunned. My friends are so effing talented. I love that.

OH! I forgot more exciting news!!! Which is that LAURA HAS A JOB (she's just waiting for her call from HR to make it official) meaning WE CAN FINALLY GET OUR HOUSE. So I will also be MOVING in the middle of the Hairspray run. Fantastic. Worth it though. I miss my roommates. And I'm sick of commuting so far. So the next month will be dedicated to Hairspray...and house hunting...and packing.

Oh right, and that full-time job I have.

I'm going to die. But at least after next week, I'll die tan!

Time to go cry in the bathroom, because now my family has decided to start texting me pics of HP World...my life is hard.

P.S. I don't think I have ever put this many links in one blog post. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment