Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beach Blog

I wish I could say I forget how much I love doing absolutely nothing until I get to do it again, but I never forget. I always remember how great it is to lay around, sleep, tan, and watch TV for hours and hours, which is why I have been looking forward to this week basically since my job started. Don't get me wrong, I would rather make money than waste away and I really love my job....

...but I also REALLY love being lazy.

In case you hadn't gathered, I took this week off (my first real person paid vacation!) to go to Dewey Beach, DE to visit Dan, celebrate my birthday, get lots of sun, and turn off my brain. It has been fantastic.

I left on Saturday after rehearsal ready to RAGE. Okay not ready to rage at all, I had been up since 9, my ankles wanted to punch me in the face, and I was covered in six hours worth of sweat (sexi). But I was not going to let the witching hour of my 23rd birth anniversary go uncelebrated (unlike last year...Boxers Bar NYC FIASCO...needless to say I was in bed by 11...), so I rallied and had a glorious night out on the town with Daniel. I traded drinks with strangers and Dan and I almost fought these three girls in line for pizza at 2 am...I'd call it a huge success.

On my actual birthday Dan took me to lunch and then we headed to THE BEACH YES YES where I began to make up for the lack of sun my skin has seen for the past six months. Then I came back to like a billion bday messages (you guys are the greatest) as well as my first Hairspray Video Blog (birthday edition)...which almost made me cry with happiness. By the time I had "responded" Dan was back from work and we went out for birthday night part two...aka a drag show (where the leading Queen bought me a shot) followed by karaoke (more shots on the house) where a drunk lady told me (after I sang me some Whitney) that I needed to get a manager and a record label...again, definitely a success. Ballin' birthday. Sorry Mom...I mean poké-ballin' birthday.

The next day was cloudy so beach was out BUT I finally got to see Ali Hoxie because she happened to be at Fenwick Island which is super close to Dewey so we went to lunch with her, spent some time at her house with her friends, and then hit the road back to casa de Kingett. Dan's birthday is June 22, so for his present I bought him tickets to Next to Normal at the Kennedy Center. I saw it last summer when I was in New York and became obsessed, and he had gotten into it this year, so when I found out it was coming to DC I obvi had to make that happen. We saw it last night but came back Monday night so Dan could see people and so I didn't have to drive two days in a row.

On the way back I finally busted out the cast album of Book of Mormon which I had been waiting until I had time to listen to...

HOLY LORD. It's so offensive but it's SO hilarious. We were both wrecked. It just makes me even more mad that I didn't buy tickets for April when I had the chance...and that I didn't win the lottery when I tried (although I didn't have a lot of control over that...).

So that night when we finally got back Madre took us and my bro (well, one of them) to dinner and then we hung out with Katie and her NEW CAR. So glorious. Next day was Siam Bistro (literally best thai food in the whole world other than Thailand) and pool...YES SUN. Then dinner with Ash and Next to Normal...which was awesome (but still better in NY). And finally beer and video games...

Speaking of which, you know what game I DO NOT understand? Monopoly for the Wii. It could not make less sense. Somehow I was winning the entire game until the last round when I legitimately ended with $0. I don't even know how it happened.

Today we ventured back to Dewey and I've been sitting in Cory's bed all afternoon while Dan's at work...sorry not sorry. It's been awesome not having ANYTHING I have to do.

I do have Hairspray withdrawl/anxiety though. I've loved being able to recoup and get some energy back, but I am definitely anxious to get back to rehearsals. Thank goodness Jacki is sending me videos of choreography this week or I would probably panic when I got back.

Momentum is really building, tickets are starting to sell out (only like 20 more left for opening night!!!), and the show still has a ways to go but is definitely starting to take form. I'm getting crazy excited. Starting Saturday (three weeks from when we open and when I'm back at rehearsal) it's full throttle. I can't wait. We're coming up to the most stressful/exciting part of this whole process. I have been blessed with an amazing cast and production team and though I'm sure we will have moments of "omg this is never going to come together" (true of every show ever) I think it's going to be fantastic. Rave rave rave I know everyone is sick of me talking about Hairspray. Sorrrr.

BUT BUY YOUR TICKETS.

Time to go watch TV...it's a hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment