Monday, July 4, 2011

Procrastination

So we're getting our house exterminated this week and apparently can't have anything out or in drawers, so I have to pretty much pack up my entire room today since it's basically my only complete day off until...well, until I have already moved out (August 1). Crazy, actually.

And obviously since I have a task that I MUST complete today, in typical fashion, I am blogging.

I'm bitter that I am expected to do work on America's birthday. All I want to do is lay on the couch and watch The History Channel with Padre but alas...I am in my room pretending to be productive.

I hate packing SO much and I have had to do it way more than I'd like within the past year (and one month). This will be my FIFTH time packing up my room this year, and after this I am done for a WHILE. It also doesn't help that I just have so much STUFF. When I moved out of Harrisonburg last summer I got rid of SOOOOOO much stuff....SO HOW DO I STILL HAVE SO MUCH OF IT?! Since I'm moving in a month I'll just leave my room in boxes until I do, but this complicates things because I'm not quite sure what all I'll need until then. Moving blows.

Other than packing, I have really big exciting plans for this holiday...aka watching 1776 and Independence Day in my movie theatre basement, with a brief break for Fireworks. So lame but so glorious. Because tomorrow it's back to the grind with no end in sight...and a whole pot of crazy just about to boil. Luckily work should be fairly chill this month (I HOPE) which will be nice because basically all waking hours outside of work are going to be nuts. After today Hairspray kicks into full swing...at most we have two days off before we open (annnnnd based on yesterday's rehearsal I would not be surprised if we had zero days). I know I want as much time as possible because there are two dances I blatantly don't know, and three that are shaky at best. It's going well, and I think we're on track, I'm just panicking a little bit (who, me, panic?). Sitz is in a WEEK. A WEEK! That's madness.

Last night was nice though because we went out for first official cast bonding which ended up being all the ladies of the cast (minus a few...and technically Chris is not a lady but he is playing Edna...) and Jacki's husband Evan, and it was just nice to talk (and drink) with all of them...I cannot stress how in love with this cast I am. I'm seriously so lucky.

Well I just took a break and packed an entire bin's worth of stuff...obviously my room still looks exactly the same. This is going to take forever. Half of that bin was just of my DVDs. Ughhhhhhhh. Seriously...SO MUCH STUFF. I think the next project to tackle will be what I fondly refer to as my Harry Potter bookshelf. When I moved out of Brooklyn last summer my $25 Walmart bookshelf I bought in 2009 didn't take it very well, so my Dad threw away the bottom two shelves leaving me with a mini bookshelf...which is full almost solely with Harry Potter paraphernalia. Sorry not sorry.

In other news, me and the roomz are still house hunting...Northern VA real estate is so obnoxious (and expensive). It's so hard too because none of us have any time to actively find a house all day every day because we all have jobs and lives. So if you know of any metro-walkable places for four people...let me know...(worth a shot).

I guess I should actually get "back" to packing...I keep hearing my brothers come downstairs to get more bins and I'm starting to feel guilty (ok no I'm not, I just don't want to get yelled at for refusing to contribute).

...this probably means I'm going to turn on How I Met Your Mother and will only pack one bin in four hours. I hate packing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment