Thursday, January 6, 2011

BRIEF UPDATE!

So I need to go to bed, but I wanted to blog about my job first!!! So this is going to be super super short and hopefully this weekend I have time to write something a little more substantial.

As you can tell, I am SO busy!!! But I actually love that and feel like I thrive under a lot of activity, so busy is definitely a good thing! I don't even have time to text anyone back during work...which if you know me even a little bit, tells you a whole lot about how much there is to do. I have jumped into real life head first, lemme tell ya. My friends and family have been asking what all I've been doing...and the answer is anything and everything. Today's been my favorite so far because I'm starting to get more of a feel for it, plus we got to go through all the Silent Auction gifts, and I love stuff, so that was fun. There's a signed JoBros poster...this auction is going to be (Borat voice...shout out to you Allison) GREAT SUCCESS! Also I created and printed my own business cards (I think I'm too excited about the fact that I have business cards) and got to buy office supplies for my desk from Staples. Paid for by the FSO. NEWPLANNERIAMSOEXCITED.

That last paragraph was SO nerdy. I feel like Pam Beasley. Which reminds me, I need to go to bed now (I fall asleep to The Office...it's fine). Because I NEED rest. I have had and will continue to have at least a 15 hour day every day this week (except yesterday, which we got off, and I didn't plan anything on purpose because I needed to come home and be comatose), because my first week of work just happened to coincide with the final two weeks of Drowsy...meaning we have no "end time". And next week is tech. And if you know anything about theatre, you know exactly what that means for me. PLUS next week is concert week for the FSO (yeah did I mention that I'm missing Saturday and Sunday's performances of Drowsy next week because it also happens to be one of six concert weekends this year for the FSO? My. Life.) so it's going to be nuts at work too. I'm obviously really excited for next weekend, but I simultaneously can't wait for it to be over. Because after next week Drowsy rehearsals cease, meaning I can do normal things at night again...LIKE GO TO THE GYM AND WATCH TV. And work will calm down slightly (but not much because we have a huge gala on Feb 11).

Sorry that paragraph is basically just my schedule. Dan is cringing somewhere and he doesn't even know why (and he probably never will because I'm pretty sure he never reads this hahahaha)...but I do. Sorry I suck at blogging today. I'm just trying to be brief and concise and I'm doing neither. And I NEED to go to bed because I have to wake up at SEVEN. GROSS.

I actually had planned this morning to try and blog about the adventures of Jim, Joe, and Shan circa 2005-2006, but it's late and I need sleep...but know that it was inspired by listening to the Kane Show on 99.5 this morning. Kane and Samy were trying to get Sarah to tell them about a time she accidentally let a fart slip out in front of someone, which she obviously refused and said she didn't do stuff like that. It was literally like listening to a conversation we had on one of our many trips to Jim's house after school (either before or after we'd drive by the kids who always were playing on their skateboards on Lindendale, when Jim would roll down the window and yell "YOU SUCK! WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY YOU SUUUUUUUCK" everytime we drove by them....aka every single day. HILARIOUS). I have many, MANY more absurd stories about the three of us, like the time Jim and Joe got drunk right before a bat mitzvah we went to together:
...but that's for another day. Now I sleep.

Updates soon?!

No comments:

Post a Comment