Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Utizzle

Hello mes amis! I'm writing from Utah, aka, the Beehive State (I know, what the EFF?! I had to look it up on Wikipedia)! Quick update on life:

-My sweet concert that probably would have been attended by 1000 people, I kid you not...got snowed out. For Saturday AND Sunday. I will now detest snow for the rest of my life and will take a blow torch to the roads should it prevent me from doing anything I want again.
-Christmas at the Kingetts was a good time as always. It involved a Turducken.
-I am now obsessed with Julia Child's cookbook. I blame this 100% on Ashley Bacon. I went to visit her before Christmas and we watched Julie/Julia, that movie about the woman who blogs about Julia Child. And it involves SO much cooking...aka I am obsessed. Because I am obsessed with cooking. So when I got home I realized that madre OWNS the cookbook they talk about in the movie...so now my new thing I cannot wait to do is cook from it. Beef Bourguignon in particular. Potentially going to cook that out here. Actuall I'll (hopefully) be doing lots of cooking out here. Mrs. Snyder told Dan she'll buy whatever ingredients I want so long as she doesn't have to cook. I KNOW. So on the menu for Utah are: Shrimp Alfredo (her request for her bday which is Jan 2), Baked Chicken and Vodka Sauce (Dan's request), Homemade Sauce and Meatballs, and then, if we have time, next on the list is Beef Bourg. and Trailer Trash Chicken (sounds gross, tastes AMAZING).
-I now want to start cooking more advanced things. This is a problem due to my poorness. Let's PRAY I get that job (I'll find out hopefully Friday).
-I watched the entire Lord of the Rings Saga, EXTENDED versions. My coolness just dropped like twenty points, but whatever.
-Other significant stuff probably happened too. But I'm starting to get distracted.

My goals for my trip to Mormon Mecca are seriously start hammering down some internships for May and beyond (which so far so good, I've emailed a whole bunch of people and I have one company I REALLY want to intern for), write my program notes (so far NOT so good, should probably get on that), see Kim and Lydia, learning my Oklahoma lines (YIKES NEED TO DO THAT), and securing a job for next semester (I'm SO close. Please let this work out).

That being said, I'm going to go shower, eat, and start working on Ok! lines. And maybe wake up Dan soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment