Monday, December 6, 2010

LOVE MY LIFE

No but seriously it's awesome.

I GOT A JOB I GOT A JOB I GOT A JOBBBBBBBBBBBB (A REAL ONE)

I've actually known about this opportunity since October but I haven't mentioned it in this blog because I didn't want to jinx myself. I found out on Thursday! I'm the Operations Manager for the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, and if you want to know what that means, read this, because it's too much to explain.

We haven't figured out a start date yet but I think we're going to either today or sometime this week. Literally ecstatic. I can stop applying for jobs. I don't have to think about a cover letter for YEARS. DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES A PERSON WHO HAS APPLIED FOR ALMOST 100 DIFFERENT JOBS?! But I digress.

Also I'm going to New York this weekend. I should be in much better spirits than the last time I was there, aka the day I moved out hahaha. Because this time I have a job, money, and I don't have to go to Brooklyn AT ALL! YESSSSSSSS! I'm going to visit Sar and literally these are our plans: See The Scottsboro Boys on Friday night (because it closes on Sunday, woof), and do as many Christmas things as possible on Saturday, including but not limited to the Rock (duh), Macy's, Christmas Festival in Union Square, and Little Italy. It's touristy and I don't care because it's CHRISTMAS! Also I want dim sum. Ugh I'm so excited.

Speaking of Christmas, if you're in need of some holiday gift ideas, please read my friend Rob's blog. His blog might actually be my favorite thing on the internet.

This month is so jam packed. I can't believe Christmas is a little over two weeks away. Starting tomorrow, I have something every single day, whether it be rehearsal or the vast array of social gatherings this month contains, until December 26. That's almost 20 straight days of plans. Geeeeez. At least I have tonight to go home right after work. I'm EXHAUSTED today. This, I know, is because I stayed up till 3 reading Meg Cabot. I don't know what is the matter with me, her books are not actually that good, she's a decent writer but not an amazing one...BUT I CANNOT GET ENOUGH. I love everything she publishes.

I blame John Nettles, because I skyped with him for two hours and those are two hours I could have spent reading. Just kidding it was so worth it our conversation was absolutely absurd and I loved it.

Anyway. When I go home tonight I'm going to eat pizza, read more, and pass out. Four more hours. BLAHHHHH

As a random side note, my boss, Eric Schaeffer (yeah he's definitely a big deal) refers to the Harris Teeter across the street from the theatre as "The Teet." So everyday he'll be like "I'll be back, I'm just gonna go run and pick something up from the teet." I find this simultaneously hilarious and disturbing.

I leave you with this...it is the way to my heart:

No comments:

Post a Comment