Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Two things

So last night we went to Hoboken on a quest to go to the Cake Boss Bakery. UNFORTUNATELY it was closed. So I'm probably going to make Madre go back with me this week. But anyway, we're missing the important part of this story. So after venturing a BILLION blocks we found the St. Ann's Italian Festival...however, I would venture to say there was nothing Italian about this Festival. It reminded me of Holy Family Festival except substitute parishioners with Guidos. THEY WERE EVERYWHERE. And the last time I checked, Cheesesteaks were not Italian. Effing New Jersey. We did catch a glimpse of filming of the popular reality show, Jerseylicious (yes, this is a real thing I learned. vom). Good to know that shows based on real life require many takes. Does that mean every time I mess up I get a redo?

I'm still not to the best part of Hoboken though. So after this 40 mile walk to the Festival, we decide the food is not satisfactory and walk back towards the PATH train to find food. So we decide on this Chinese restaurant (yessss) and I know it's a winner immediately--our waiter(ess) is a tiny, gender ambiguous man/woman who barely speaks, and the restaurant ambiance is made complete with the music coming through the speakers--the Jonas Brothers CD. At least the food was decent.

The second thing my blog is referring to is a favor I have for all of my loyal readers (which I would equate to .5-1 people, if that). I applied for a job yesterday. This is not an unusual occurance, at this point I think I've applied to about 50 jobs, with literally zero calls or interviews. Awesome. HOWEVER, this is a job I WANT. Like, REALLY REALLY want. And I know I could do. So please, say lots and lots of prayers for me, I'm starting to get to the desperate and scared that I'm not getting hired place, and getting this job would solve ALL of that.

SO LOTS OF PRAYERS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Also if any of you happen to know anyone who worked in the Actors' Equity Association office, a call to them would also be super tight. Time to shower and pick up the parentals from Penn Station! YAYAYAYAY!!!

POSITIVE THOUGHTS WILL RESULT IN POSITIVE OUTCOMES. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment