Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Music Returns!

Except not for this biddie.

I used to be that girl who started playing Christmas music in October. I seriously LOVE Christmas. But I realized that by the middle of December I couldn't take listening to only Christmas Music anymore and I'd switch back to regular music...right at the height of the season (BLASPHEMY)! Because you see once it's Christmas Season...I listen to 97.1 and ONLY 97.1 (and maybe Christmas CDs). I forget that Top 40 exists. I forget that Musical Theatre exists. Christmas all day every day. Which, after 9 weeks, gets a little old. There are only so many Christmas songs.

So the past few years I have decided to be a purest, live up Thanksgiving, and start Christmas music that night (usually on the car ride for BLACK FRIDAY).

This year that's easier said than done. I've been paying attention this month anytime I've listened to 97.1 to make note of the date they were going to start playing Christmas Music...November 19. Which I forgot today was. So today, when I got in my car to go to work, my radio happened to be set to 97.1...and of course, just my luck, not only is it already playing Christmas (aka I can't listen until next week), it's MARIAH CAREY CHRISTMAS (my ultimate favorite). Delilah probably put them up to it because she knows how much I hate her. I listened for about five seconds, mostly in horror because I knew I had to change it even though all my natural instincts were telling me to listen to it forever. I then actually yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and changed the station.

Since I forgot today was November 19 (where the heck did November go?), I thought maybe it was a mistake or a commercial or something, so about 3 minutes later, I tentatively checked to see what was playing. The 1.3 seconds I listened to were enough for me to know it was Wham's "Last Christmas". This prompted the following sound as my response: "WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" The Christmas Universe is clearly punishing me for not listening by playing all my favorite songs. I now have to spend the next 6 days avoiding 97.1 every time I change the station. I spent the entire car ride to work suffering because I knew I was missing gloriousness and I was forced to listen to NICKELBACK. UGH. If there's anything I hate more than not listening to Christmas Music, it's Nickelback.

In other news, saw HP7PT1 last night...
IT WAS SO AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

We saw it at the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly a)Because I figured it would be coolest there because museums have bigger screens and b)It was already sold out in IMAX at Potomac Mills and Tyson's by the time I tried to get tickets. And I knew I was seeing this movie in IMAX. I had never actually been to the Air and Space Museum IMAX theatre until last night so I had no idea if the screen was even that much bigger than the AMC ones...

It was probably FOUR times bigger. SO EPIC. This was the way to see Harry Potter, hands down. Also they didn't have any previews! And it costs the same!!! There wasn't the mass hysteria of the crowds like I'm used to, since there was only one theatre, but that was actually fine. I think for Part 2 I'm going to get everyone I know to go in the same place and then have a big after party. Gotta do it up right. Also I'm going to do everything I can to get to that premiere. I will spend $500 on a ticket. Maybe more. Judge me if you want but this is the last movie and therefore my last chance to achieve my Harry Potter dream.

Anyway go see HP7PT1. It's easily the best one so far. I usually am a little let down after every movie but they did this one right. I can't wait for PT2. CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Also I'm stoked for tonight because some of my favorite people are coming back to Northern Virginia and I get to see them and also I'm wearing gold tights and nothing can go wrong when you're wearing gold tights.

P.S. Silver Bells is stuck in my head. The next week is going to be strugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment